Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Slam Poetry

Benjamin Alves Poetry reading and his birthday celebration




Slam poetry is a type of competition where people read their poems without props, costumes, or music. We were asked to attend a slam poetry competition in MPH1. I told myself that I might waste my time because poetry is boring. But I was wrong. When the competition begun, participants present their poetry reading fantastically. I was amazed! and shocked that poetry is the hek of fun. It became more interesting when Benjamin Alves came and present his poetry. I was astonished that he as an actor can do slam poetry. He started doing it since he was a kid. He presented his poetry beautifully, everyone got goosebumps. I think he shared his experience about love. He delivered it nicely that everybody can relate to it, got inspired and had tears on their eyes. (Sorry, I'm not good in grammar comprehension)




After that, we celebrated his birthday and he shared a lot of food to us. We ate Carbonara( i think) and drank Zagu. I was glad that he offered questions for him so that we can know him more. Then one of my blockmates George, represent for our block. She asked if he have other talents and hobbies. And after that he kissed her. lol. I took a video on my phone. Anyways, another representative from our block is Paulo. I forgot what he asked about him, but I was expecting that Benjamin might kiss him too! lol. Sorry for that Pau.






After all of that, he offered his cake and cupcakes to us and he gave us hats as his like loot bags for birthday parties. After leaving the room, I can't stop thinking about his poetry. I got inspired and I also wanted his poetry skills and how he deliver it with good accent.


No comments:

Post a Comment