Saturday, April 16, 2016

Sana Dati

Sana Dati: An indie film that I will most likely never forget.
(I was not able to watch this film at school, but I watched it at home)

Letting go of something or someone that has meant the whole world to you isn’t easy. Love is inevitable and hard to let go. Once you’re in it, you’re in a big maze and you can never seem to get out.
Sana Dati is yet another wonderfully made film written and directed by Jerrold Tarog. Honestly, this isn’t my genre and I’m not really fond in watching Filipino indie films but I must say, this film had caught my attention.
At first I was so confused about the story. I was spinning in circles; my mind was full of questions waiting to be answered. As the film got deeper, I connected the dots and finally understood what the story was all about.
Andrea was in a hell hole after the man whom she truly loved passed. She lost him and she lost herself.

She never thought that he’ll be leaving so soon. She had never thought of him leaving without saying goodbye.

He shows up and reminds her of a love she once had

Andrea finds herself being thrown into marriage to a guy she has met for a week. Until a guys with camera shows up and triggered a memory; a memory of a guy that she had loved with all her heart.
Seeing Dennis and being with him, she felt like Andrew was with her by her side.


Sacrifices and Moving On

Andrea sacrificed her happiness and married Robert despite her still longing for Andrew. Not only Andrea but Robert has sacrificed something as well. He knew that Andrea still loves Dennis with all her heart. He didn’t forced her to love him. Instead he showed her love.

In the end, Andrea left things in Andrew’s tomb and chose to move on, living her new life with his husband, Robert.


No comments:

Post a Comment