Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Plagiarism

Copying and borrowing someone else's idea. Is it okay or not?. Well, in a serious matter, it's not. Nowadays, plagiarism is still growing and growing. Mostly this problem occur in schools. Copy and pasting homeworks ,copying someone else's poems, essays, and etc.

I admit it that I too is guilty with this because, I'm afraid. You know why? I'm afraid of my own idea and my own work that might flop. I see that other people can do this better. So, I go to the internet to copy. I can't also think of my original work sometimes. It's hard. 

In my experience as a multimedia arts student, it's a lot harder to think of your own original art. I cant't make something beautiful if I don't look someone else's work. I think it's okay just to look others work and think of something better that sorta alike to that work. But copying the whole thing is illegal.

 

I know that we think plagiarism is not a crime or some offense, plagiarism is illegal if it infringes the original owner's property rights. So, in this case, I want to know what is the effective ways to prevent this problem as a student. I searched some insights in the internet, and I found great examples for this. 


How can I prevent plagiarism as a student?. First, come up your own idea, even if it's corny. You can get some ideas from your insights, comments, experiences for that particular matter. Second, discuss that idea to others. So that you'll know their feedback. If they gave you a bad feedback, it's okay! actually it's good! to know it. It could make building your ideas better. Third, have other witness and confirm the authenticity of your work.

That's it, from my given examples you can effectively prevent plagiarism by creating your own ideas and work. 

My references of plagiarism: 
https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/plagiarism-what-is-it-exactly
https://www.cmu.edu/teaching/designteach/design/instructionalstrategies/writing/preventplagiarism.html

No comments:

Post a Comment