Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Artist talk



We were asked to attend the artist talk seminar. At first I felt lazy going there, not worth it, and a waste of time. But when the seminar started it was nice, Tito Romero talked and presented about animation. One of our block mate answered Tito Romero's question which is, "What is animation for you?"and he was satisfied at his answer. Animation is the process of making or creating the illusion of motion and change.


He presented his works, like his drawings and sketches, I told myself "Awesome!" I wish I could do the things that he can do in animation. He shared to us his experiences and also his job as an animator. I was amazed and shocked that he worked with famous artists. His projects like X-men, Dayo, Scooby doo etc. He also shared the movie Zootopia that did not made a success here in the Philippines. In the Box Office, Zootopia's opening weekend reached $75,063,401 and the gross reached 143,955,013 in the USA. He told us that this movie is nice and he recommended us to watch it. Anyway, his presentation is amazing. I learned a lot of things that i can use in my course and in the future to come.




After he talked, we watched some animations from good to best. Some of the animations are cool and seems like the animator did a hard work, some are okay but good in story, and some are bad. One of the animation that i like is "Juan two three". (i don't know if the spelling in the title is right) This movie has the best animation and story! Gosh, I wish I can do that. I can say that this animation can be good at commercials or presentations. It's really really good! No doubt. I also like the animation with robots (I forgot the title) but, the story is bad. I don't know, it's just that I don't understand the story. The other animation, the title is maybe agnes or something. Its good too, I liked it. Then the presentors  changed the vibe and switched to dramas. UGHHH.



I hate the short films we watched. I felt bad and depressed. I don't wanna talk about it. I forgot! after the animations that are presented, we also watched the music videos that my fellow apcians made. Its awesome! They all made an effort. Overall the seminar is good. I just don't like the short drama films.

15 comments:

  1. Tito Romero's artist talk was a good one. I learned so much about animation and I hope to attend more artist'st talks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like you, I also thought that this artist talk will just waist our time but I was wrong. So I have to agree that this seminar is spectacular and worth to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad I wasn't able to attend the Artist Talk but at least I was able to read your blog and find out what happened on the event. Tito Romero's sketches and drawings must have been awesome to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tsk tsk tsk too bad for me I wasn't there. I envy you! You learned something that I wanted to learn :(.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I liked this Artist talk even though I'm not really into animation. A very educating talk to sum it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. The movie makes you feel bad and depressed but the cinematography is awesome. By the way, Tito Romero is really good. His creativeness is just overflowing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a nice art talk! Tito Romero may be old school but he's awesome. I would to see his other works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Out of all the artist talk we've went to, I actually liked this one the most. Why? It's because of the question: Do you have to me a professional to do art?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though I was not able to attend the artist talk, your blog described it well making me feel like I was actually in the event.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not really into animation but attending the artist talk was the thing I won't regret.

    ReplyDelete
  12. After Tito Romero given his very inspiration speech.It gave me an idea about how hard it is being an animator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Knowing the true nature of Animation makes me realize that it was not easy as I expected. It is good to hear what animation really is from a professional animator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indeed, Tito Romero was really inspiring animator. I have learned that Animation is not easy as it looks like. Actually, I took this course because I wanted to be an animator someday. Although as we have been exposed to many things, I'm not sure for now if I am going to take Animation as major.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the kind words..:0..Its been a pleasure and honor for me to speak in front you you guys and talk about the one thing I enjoy the most doing everyday..drawing..:). reading your comments inspires me more to share and teach my passion in animation to people like you guys. Again, thank you so much for allowing me to share my knowledge and experiences to you guys.

    ReplyDelete